Spinal Injuries can be catastrophic in nature and because of possible paralysis or numbness the injury can be devastating for the individual and can result in life changing circumstances.
Spinal injury claims are complex by their nature and in addition to seeking compensation for pain and suffering, a spinal claim would also include the cost of nursing care, aids and appliances, rehabilitation costs and housing or relocation costs.
Spinal claims can arise as a result of the following:
- Missed fracture of the neck and back
- Inadequate handling or movement of an individual with a spinal injury
- Failure to identify Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Negligence administering epidural injections
- Negligence during spinal surgery