The number of cosmetic surgery procedures in Ireland has risen significantly over the last decade.
Despite the significant increase in both men and women having cosmetic surgery, the area of plastic and cosmetic surgery remains largely unregulated in Ireland.
The types of cosmetic surgery procedures include:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift (Mastopexy)
- Eyelid reduction
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Nose reshape (Rhinoplasty)
- Lip enhancement
- Tummy tuck
- Silicone Implants
Mistakes or errors can be made during the course of cosmetic surgery and these include:
- Failure to conduct the correct procedure
- Negligence relating to the follow up treatment post operatively
- Faulty implants that may have caused harm
- Negligence relating to the procedure itself