This website is brought to you by Orpen Franks Solicitors. We take the privacy of our website users very seriously. We ask that you read this Privacy Statement carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data and the rights that you have in relation to it.
Personal data we collect about you
Via our website we may collect personal data that identifies you such as you name, email address, telephone number. Such data is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us by using the Contact Us page or emailing us directly. If you do not provide is with your data, we will not be able to respond to your query, liaise with you or assess your suitability for a role within our firm.
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view it.
Non-personal information we collect about you
Like most websites, we gather some statistical and analytical information on an aggregate basis for all visitors of our website, such as the time and date you visit, your IP address, the links you click to navigate through the website. This data cannot be used to identify or contact you but helps us improve our website and enhance your online experience.
How we use your personal data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to handle your query;
- to send you legal updates, publications and details of events (only if you have requested this);
- to process your job application; or
- to provide you with a legal service where terms of engagement have been agreed.
We do not use any personal data for the purposes of automated decision making or profiling.
Sharing your personal data
We will not share any personal data with third parties, unless:
- you have consented to this disclosure; or
- we are required to do so in order to comply in good faith with our legal or regulatory requirements (for example if we are asked by law enforcement agencies in connection with a campaign for investigation or prevention of unlawful activities).
Where appropriate personal data may also be processed by our contracted website hosting provider in which case we will take steps to ensure that the processing complies with the applicable data protection and confidentiality laws.
Keeping your data secure
We maintain industry standard physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and use of personal data.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any information in our control, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Retention of data
We will only hold personal data about you for as long as necessary to provide our services and information or as permitted/required by applicable law.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have the right to:
- withdraw your consent for your data to be processed;
- access the personal data that we are processing about you;
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data;
- in certain circumstances object to or restrict processing;
- in certain circumstances request your data to be erased;
- data portability; and
- lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner who is our independent regulator for data protection.
Exercising your rights
If you wish to exercise your right of access, rectification, objection or erasure, you should:
- put your request in writing (our contact details are below);
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- specify the personal data your request refers to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation
Links to third party websites
We may include links to third party websites. Please note that we are not involved in any way in operating those third party websites and have no liability or responsibility for their content, privacy policies and terms and conditions nor can we confirm that they are free from computer viruses or other harmful programmes or software.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at our registered office located at 28-30 Burlington Road, Dublin 4, Ireland or call us on +353 1 637 62 00.
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. You should check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.